Some updates and excited babbling about my trip, followed by discussing my updated plans for the rest of the year and my free-talking a bit about the idea of being a failure and coming to terms with it.
News & Notes:
- Back from Italy – awesome trip
- Sterling & Stone Smarter Artist Bootcamp
- Moved to a new web host
Plans for Writing
Between the trip and the Bootcamp, I was able to help clear my head a bit and get re-energized. It also helped me come to terms with some of my doubts even as Aisuru and Deviations both continue to plunge in ratings towards the million mark.
With said refreshed mind, I came up with a rough plan for the rest of the year for writing/releases.
- Girl in the Forest will go out to at least 2 and up to 4 alpha/beta readers for feedback; really they will be beta readers because I’ve decided to try doing a single revision pass on this story
- Continue working on Maid Maleen, using Camp NaNo to help get in those daily words with goal being to finish the first draft before end of July
- Come up with a linked novel (i.e. kind of a series) name for my novel trio and repackage the first two with said name
- Maid Maleen rest period
- Girl in the Forest back from betas (aiming for the 15th), so start processing the feedback
- Book Girl in the Forest with editor for October for copy editing, depending on how heft the story edits are, and formally engage for cover if I haven’t already (and decide if its Girl in the Forest or The Girl in the Forest already LOL)
- finish revision of Girl in the Forest
- Maid Maleen read through and revision plan begin
- decide November NaNo project (probably another fairy tale retelling, presuming enjoyed doing Maid Maleen)
- prep for NaNo
- Maid Maleen – revision or line up betas, depending on plans (and at this point it’s so in the air that’s as far as its plan goes LOL)
- Girl in the Forest to editor (hopefully) with return date determined
- Girl in the Forest edits processed and to proofing
- create Girl in the Forest launched plan, set launch date, and get up on pre-order
- Girl in the Forest arc team sign up
- Girl in the Forest cover reveal
- launch Girl in the Forest is all goes according to plan
- finish NaNo novel if not already done
- sketch out idea for final wrap up volume of whatever series name is
I’ll probably do some promotion on Aisuru and Deviations when I do the repackage/update, but for now I’m mostly just letting them sit and languish, other than the usual BookBub submissions and trying to get more reviews.
I’m a Failure, And That’s Okay
Rambling a bit about coming to terms with my being a “failure” as a professional writer, and coming to peace with it.