Actually got some stuff done for a change, including one of the big writing things, Girl in the Forest’s reread and revision plan! Though I admit, the latter ended up being a mild cheat because I’d apparently done one back in February, but with that being such a crap time, I totally forgot! I revisited though and tweaked it some.
Also realized I needed to mark off some failures as their deadlines passed, added two new goals, and made a few notes on others.
Going Indie – Get to Launch Plan Ready
Finish first draft by August 31st– FAILED! Since it’s now October and first draft is very far from done *le sigh*
- Final draft by December 31st – looking shaky, but keeping it up for now
- Line up beta readers
- Decide on related video content to create
- Do series of episodes on The Lackadaisical Writer related to book – started, with first two episodes out
- Come up with a cover concept, design attempt – I’ve come up with some, but none that really just scream awesome to me yet…
- Write at least 50,000 words during NaNo 2017 in November
Write at least 20,000 words during the July 2017 Camp NaNo– FAILED! huge project at work and tons of overtime, plus lack of the write-in elements of full NaNo just made this a total fail Reread Girl in The Forest and create revision plan– DONE!
- Read at least 200 books (or equivalent) – 58 read
- Really BHAG: create my own web-based sales tracking tool
Finish writing up specifications for initial version– DONE! (actually a while ago, no idea why I hadn’t marked it off LOL) Database design– DONE!
- Initial core app framework set up and code bones of app (error handling, authentication, etc.) – in progress!
- Site design – NEW! duh! Somehow left this one off the list. It will be using Bootstrap, but beyond that, haven’t come up with a visual design yet
- Code modules
- Determine if app will also be “just for me” or if will eventually make a service open to others
Set up a Patreon page– DONE! You can now support me on Patreon, if you want 🙂 Decide what to do with Anma’s Manga Minute (either back on track, or cancel)– DONE! Decided for now, its on hiatus until January 2018 Get set up on Pronoun (primarily for publishing to Overdrive)– DONE! Though ended up being for Bibliotecha since I went to Overdrive through D2D
- Get back to monthly newsletter sends outs – NEW! I am so behind!! Adding a task to my Habitica to help me not lose track of time so badly again 🙂