Another monster episode as I tackle the need to accept that being an indie does mean running a business before digging into coming up with your business name, handling pen names, and deciding on the structure of your business.
News & Notes:
- Annual resp infection!
- Annual overtime and project done
- Girl in the Forest news
- Other writing project news
- You can now support me on Patreon!
Indie Author = Running a Business
- The oddly controversial idea that being an indie author means you are running a business
- Why people struggle with thinking of it as a business
- Go get Helen Sedwick’s Self-Publisher’s Legal Handbook: Updated Guide to Protecting Your Rights and Wallet
Setting Up Your Business
- Business Names and Pen Names
- Business Structure
- Types: Sole Proprietorship, Partnership, LLC, Corporations
- What’s best for an indie author?